Monday, March 9, 2009

Life is a Cabaret

This weekend I've been helping out with Villanova's set for Cabaret. We got a very watery watercolor, and with it we did the floor. 

We haven't gotten a chance to do the walls, but they will match the floor. And the steps & house floor with be a very pretty metallic purply blue and black.  I'll keep you updated. 

The back walls are pretty scary - they are constructed by people who really don't know how to build.

Scary.

HOWEVER, Villanova is a very pretty campus, full of old stone buildings and all of their charms.


I really need to start taking my nice camera around so I can get some better pictures. 





2 comments:

strud said...

OK, I can see it now. I had to go back at watch the netflix clip again. In my memory the trees in the backdrop were much larger, that's why I thought you either really loved the design and repainted it small, or had done the small one first to develop the design and then painted it as the backdrop.

We went to batsto this weekend and all I took pictures of were the trees - they all seemed to be writhing in pain. I must have been in a subconciously disturbed state of mind or something....but I hope it comes through in the pictures.

strud said...

yes, do come be friends!