Thursday, December 18, 2008

Roses, Christmas Trees, and Paper Snowflakes

I've been asked if having my birthday so near to Christmas is disappointing. Never. 

Christmas is my favorite time of year, cliched as it might be. My birthday being in the middle of it is more like a present than any gift could be.



But since I have mentioned presents, I will tell you what I have gotten so far, even though my birthday isn't until tomorrow. Grant got me an electric blue Ipod shuffle, that I promptly named Leland, which he was nice enough to give me a few weeks ago when it was delivered. I use it more than I ever thought I would. 

My sister gave me a "themed" present - a cute T-shirt with the recycling symbol and what looks like stylized paint spatters, some super-cool recycled paper coasters (the paper looks like its from Chinese newspaper!), and a "Live Life Green" keychain, with a last minute addition of an orange and almond flavored bar of super dark chocolate. Does she know me or what?

Grant arrived home with an armful of deep red roses. I baked bread and we ate fondue.  I've made paper snowflakes, and watched Home Alone while Grant did laundry and has been putting my four-poster together. 

Could tomorrow be better? I'm not sure. 


No comments: