Friday, July 17, 2009

Watercolor girl

Nothing going on = no posts. I've been having a lazy summer. Almost too lazy.

But lately - I've gotten on a water-coloring kick. I haven't really done much water-coloring in my life. I just tend to mess around with it every once an a while. Although painting backdrops on canvas can be quite similar. Water-coloring is nice, because it dries very fast, so the pieces moves along quickly.

Here's some of the fun.

Window out on the shed out by Uncle Bri & Aunt Sherrie's cabin:


The cabin in winter:

Pretty Butterfly:


And since I was messing around - I thought I should try to get some work done. I wanted to see how my Elsa from Dustbin Children would look in watercolors. She looks awesome! Much more exciting, Don't you think?




I've already re-done three of the illustrations. And hopefully more today!


PS: Grant is 6'4" - I always thought he was 6'2"...... freak...

1 comment:

strud said...

The watercolors are beautiful. I need to learn that!

Don't be hard on Grant. He's young - probably still growing!