Monday, December 7, 2009

Melvin the Vagabond Watercolor

Since I've started experimenting with watercolors more heavily in the recent past, I've taken to carrying around a watercolor notebook and watercolor pencil in my bag. It's much more constructive than my usual habit of making hamster piles out of shredded napkins or playing with whatever cutlery is on the table until Grant takes it away.

Watercolor pencils are great for on the go, because palettes are unnecessary and almost anywhere will give you water.

I did this one in an Uno's in Pittsburgh while hanging with Grant and his parents (poor Elyse was at work).



Saturday night Grant and I were at Starbucks with Katie and Jason, and I painted this creepy guy. His name is Melvin. I think I'm just majorly excited about the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA. Which I will hopefully be seeing with Doug and Grant on Dec 21. You can come if you want, but it's a Monday.


Here's the next page of Dustbin Children. I posted the sketch a few weeks ago. Here's the watercolor. I'm not sure if I'm completely pleased with it yet, but I think it's best to press on. I can always add details or redo it later!



"At school she was never called on,
Even when her hand was the only one raised."

No comments: