Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Elyse Post

This is the post where I talk about Elyse visiting.

So Elyse has been here since Monday, which has been great, and very busy.

We just hung for the first 2 days, but on Wednesday we went to Deb & Matt's (& Doug's) St. Pattie's Party.

Elyse and I decided to make Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Irish Creme Frosting. We also cut out a stencil to use to make the shamrocks on top, cuz we're just that cool.


They were amazing. Here is the recipe.

On Thursday, Elyse and I headed up to Princeton to hang a bit before Grant got off work and we went to see American Buffalo.


Awww.... they love each other.

'

Today, after hitting up the gym, Elyse and I made Earl Grey Tea Cookies that looked like buttons. Even though they turned out a little crunchy, they went very well with some Rosemary-Infused Lemonade, plus they were super pretty, which really matters the most.


So far we've had a great visit. She leaves on Sunday, so we still have a game and a half.

Right now, she and Grant are playing the longest game of Scrabble ever. At this point it's been going on for an hour and fifteen minutes....


2 comments:

strud said...

I just told bill that the first thing I am going to make when the ovens are in is those cupcakes!!!!!

The Beat in My Head said...

I think you should send them in for one of your boys birthdays, and giggle when you think about it (like the time I made jello fruit salad for a family party with peach schnapps and the only two people that ate it were Uncle Bill Stephens and Gramie.. whoops!!)