Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fun times with the Grant and the Sue

Fun times with the Grant and the Sue. Moving day was largely uneventful, except for this priceless moment. In case you didn't see him - that's Grant under the couch trying to see if the hinges of the front door of our new apartment were removable. They weren't, but we (and by we I mean the guys) were able to twist it at just the right angle that it barely slid in. 

Luckily I had made a basic floorplan, roughly to scale, so most of the furniture is where it will be, with boxes piled around them. That way I just unpack boxes, not try to rearrange and unpack as I go.

There are still a few piles of things here at the old place. Right now I am sitting on the carpet, which is jones-ing for a hardcore cleaning, waiting for the dryer load to be done, so we can have clean sheets at our new place tonight. 

The rain held out almost the entire time. Just a light misting when they were unloading the last books. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in this picture!!