Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'll miss you Disney


Back from another wonderful Disney trip. I think Indiana Jones is still ranking up there as my favorite, closely followed by Fantasmic, but obviously everything was wonderful.

Changes: Spaceship Earth is now narrated by Dame Judi Dench and has interactive computers in each seat.

There was also a new Toy Story Ride at the Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). I didn't go on it - the line was always freakishly long, but Dad and Lui did. It's a lot like the Buzz Lightyear ride, but everything is 3-D - including the things that you fire!


The hotel we stayed in had a hallway that looked like it could have been featured in The Shining. Every time we walked out into it we expected to see creepy twins.


I did the Behind the Seeds tour behind the Land ride. Totally worth it! All the hydroponics were explained, I got to see several unusual plants, I released ladybugs into the greenhouses and fed tilapia, and I was stared at by the people passing by in the boats!

 I also got a look at several awesome props. Davy Jone's Pipe organ, the Black Pearl's Figurehead, and some costumes from Pirates, a bunch of the props and costumes from the Narnia movies, and some costumes from Enchanted.


All in all, a fabulous vacation. And seeing how it was with my family, we now have a bunch more inside jokes!

PS: if you are looking for cheap(er) alcohol in Disney - go to Morocco!

No comments: