Thursday, March 5, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the streetcar

Lots to share from the past few weeks. 

I was helping my friend Kate paint a backdrop for A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum at Burlington County College. We got a pretty crappy rendering, had to reverse it, and paint it with colors ordered from a different rendering. 

Here is the rendering. Its lying on the drop that's only been cartooned and had the sky painted. 



Here is the finished drop from the highest point in the theatre. 


I know you can't see it. It looks like the rendering, but neither of us is really pleased with it. Because it matches a lousy rendering.  But you can see the space is  very nice for a small theatre group. 

Next I painted a concrete wall for Salmonpeople at Passage Theatre.  It's supposed to feel like an old wall of a dam.


It has seagull droppings, tidal marks, and a rusty something on it. That only took me a few  hours. 

Then I helped Sarah at Princeton Univeristy finish up stuff for A Streetcar named Desire. Here's a crappy picture of it half set up from my phone.

Here is a toilet tank  I painted  - you'd never know that Michael made it from part of a plastic bin and some styrofoam.



Matt Pilsner took some AWESOME pictures of the set which are here. YOU MUST GO SEE THEM. They're sexy. 

I also am helping Kate with a set for Cabaret at Villanova. So far we've only painted some catwalks, but on the way back we stopped at a rigging place in North Philly and they had this wonderful door, that we both felt compelled to take picture of. 


And last but not least, I found a picture of a set I had helped Sarah paint last season for Princeton's production of Eurydice


See the pretty amusement park pier in the background?




Long post. Phew. 


No comments: