Sunday, May 24, 2009

Find of the day

When G & I got married, or maybe even before, when he first moved into the place at Riverfront, we needed glasses, so we bought some cheap, but nice ones at Ikea. They were about 50 cents each. 

We've been slowly breaking them off, one by one over the last 2.5 years. And I've been wanting something a little bit more unique.

And I found them. G and I went to the Berlin Farmers market and there they were. The wonderful kind of vintage that shows that quite a bit of today's design isn't much more than an homage. 




$7 for the set. They pitcher was part of the sale, and even though I suspect they weren't originally a set, it's close enough that I would have bought the pitcher too, even if it wasn't included. I needed a new iced tea pitcher. 

Grant thinks the glasses are a bit too small, but he usually drinks out of our pint glasses anyways. He jokes that he'll pour himself two glasses if he needs to use them.

Grant also vinyl-ed himself the Killers logo on the back of his laptop. Pretty darn nifty.




and coming soon:




awesome vinyl for Rockettruck.

2 comments:

Jen said...

sorry about Ashley.


You and Grant are crafty enough, you could buy plain glasses and vinyl whatever you want on them!

Ashley said...

oh my soul. i am in love with those glasses and can't wait until i get the chance to drink out of them.