Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grant pants and potting soil

Grant is officially on vacation now.

And he is happy about it.


In the spirit of my Kitchen organization, I designed and vectorized some labels for my open shelving, which Grant cut out and is applying currently, because he is the most wonderful one, and because I would probably get frustrated and put them on wonky.


Pretty cool, yeah?

...and he got them done before I was even finishing my post, so here are some pictures:




Pretty awesome. I'm totally geeked. 

Grant also (isn't he a super-hero?) built me a self-watering garden. I planted my poor window-sill basil, and my little seedlings this afternoon.



Now I just need to figure out how to make it prettier - any ideas?


3 comments:

strud said...

He's a keeper alright. That looks very much like the Earth box I paid $65 for, except it comes with a fabric elasticized cover to keep moisture from evaporating out of the soil too quickly (you slit it where you put the plants in then lay it back in place). The whole concept is great and I had excellent results with my herbs last year.

strud said...

all right

alright is not a word

duh

did you like my "moral of the story" email? I just know you're going to change the names and send it to your neices and nephews some day.

jason said...

you could put bacon on it