Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On comments

blog readers may not realize it, but bloggers and creative types like to get some kind of feedback, even if it's only a little bit.

We know that you are reading it (because you've subscribed), so we think you don't like or don't care about what we write. Which is fine, if that's the case, but if you like it, think about commenting.

Because, some people who are writing a short story
and drawing pictures to go with it,
might be getting sad
and frustrated
because no one seems to care.

Not me or anything.

Just some people.



Like a friend of mine,

who's not me.




Part 5 coming soon.



6 comments:

Jen said...

If I were a short story writer, I would be nervous to write it and put it out for the world to see without having finished it first. It makes me bite my nails that maybe the author doesn't know exactly where this is going, or how long it might be. I think it's a great children's story, and maybe I haven't read enough, but I don't recall any legends about people with hair like this girls, so thumbs up for originality. I think that the illustrations being black and white serve it really well. I would hate to see what her face ACTUALLY looks like, I don't think it would be necessary.

Jen said...

P.S. my favorite illustration is the one you're using as your banner right now.

strud said...

I love illustration #2 - it makes me think of Grant. I am worried that she is somehow going to sacrifice all her hair, but I think it is just an old lady worry, not what will end up happening in a strong girl story. This is why I don't comment, because I can't help worrying and guessing and I think you will find both annoying. :)

The Mind of Sue said...

Actually - putting it on my blog is one way to insure I'll actually finish it, and do the illustrations. If I know people are expecting an ending, I'm more likely to actually do the work.

And I'm not sure if it has a happy or sad ending. But now Keam has showed up, and he's actually darker and scarier than I'd originally thought this story was going to get. So I'm not going to make any promises.

I want to say he's unpredictable, but I'm starting to think he's going to be very predictable....and that probably isn't too good for our heroine....

Unknown said...

its hard to comment on someone whos so good at words and ink washes

dfdasfsd said...

commenty comment