Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Moon Girl, Part 5



The physician was in the tavern that day, and was starting to slip out when Keam turned to look at him.


"Where are you going?"


The physician paused. Then he looked Keam straight in the eye. "I'm the village physician. I'm heading back to my practice to check on a patient who is resting there."


The others in the tavern glanced nervously around, which was did not go unnoticed by Keam.


Keam just stared, then stepped closer. "Well, on your way, you can show us where this girl lives." The physician held his stare. "Unless someone else would prefer to guide me?"


Everyone else looked away. Keam smirked and grabbed the physician roughly by the arm. "Okay doctor, it looks like it's you and me," and he strode from the tavern.


Without asking, Keam turned them toward the meadow. He didn't need directing, since he seemed already to know where he was heading.


He marched the physician through the center of the mercenary camp. The soldiers sneered and fell in step behind their leader. Timidly, the bravest of the townspeople followed at a distance.


In the distance, under the moonlight, a glint of silver caught in the wind could be seen, right on the edge of the cliff.

2 comments:

strud said...

I hope she lures him into falling off the edge of the cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT like that Keam. In my mind I picture that crazy looking mercinary guy from LOST.

Cooperativa San Roque said...

Heloo