Saturday, February 14, 2009

eventful events of this week

I have had a crazy crazy week. Last friday, i had my first flat tire.



My dad had to come and rescue me from Grammie's. Luckily he had a kit for plugging it at work, so there were no jacks and wrenches and tire swaps. Much easier this way.

Next, I worked for Event Central, painting backdrops for and event. Somethings turned out pretty, like the backdrop for
Gone with the Wind



some turned out crappy like the Back to the Future backdrop:



some turned out okay-ish like the backdrop for
Titanic:



at least after it was repainted, because the client changed their mind:


All in 4 days. And here's how it all ended up looking:


I just wish I'd had enough time to make them actually look good. Not enough time.


I also went into Philly to hang with my friend Kate. We went to see the show she'd just finished painting,  Sizwe Bansi is Dead by Athol Fugard at the Lantern Theatre. 






















The actors did a great job, and the corrugated metal was very rusty, and the city of the future was rather silly. 

Afterwards we went to the Naked Chocolate Cafe, which was a good idea in theory, but then we remembered that it was the day before valentines day. But it was worth the line. We had thick drinking chocolate, both types spicy. A very fun evening in the city. And we rode the train twice.

so cool. 

Next on the agenda - I'm going to the Cabin this weekend with fam and friends to go skiing. Maybe I'll go out for a hike and take more pictures. Maybe of the huge rusty gears in the saw mill. Who knows!




1 comment:

The Beat in My Head said...

I went to Naked Chocolate Cafe last saturday with mom. yummy.. we had an awesome cheesecake with chocolate bark sticking out the top!
And your backdrops were good (better than the acting in front of them lol)