Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grant is a sexy sexy man

I have been wanting a computer in my kitchen since I've gotten married, to keep recipes on and to watch movies, or look up other recipes. I fear for my laptops life every time she enters the kitchen. I've covered Quinn with plastic, dish towels, set her on my stool to keep her away from food, but I'm still always worried.

Enter Grant: the sexy one.

Grant took my dream and made it reality. He bought an old Gateway all-in-one computer from his work for $100, built a mount for it, downloaded new software, and even painted the front red.  

Meet Grandma Nina.




Isn't she great! I named her that because she is advanced in years, shares her recipes and teaches me things in the kitchen.  Obviously the cords will hide, but there she is.




Grant is the best one.

3 comments:

strud said...

your husband is dreamy!

I've been asking bill 4 2 years to drill holes in my desk so my desk lamps don't have cords all over. I don't think he'll ever do it ...sigh...lucky for him he's good at other stuff.

Jen said...

wow Grant is a stud-ly man. Not just because he knows where they are in the walls, either ;)

jason said...

good call using Ubuntu, here's a tip you did not ask for: set the updates to run every 2 weeks via

System > Administration > Software Sources > Updates

That way you don't get hassled with "updates available" every other day.