Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rocks and Rothko

The show that gave me all the crazy hours last week is finally over. 

Got to carve some stones to look like the theatre's wall. I only did the top part - someone else finished the bottom. Wish I'd had more time, or it could have looked even better. 




I also got to paint a copy of one of Rothko's paintings. Very pretty colors.  The hole in the middle is there because that chunk of the wall hangs on a different wall. I'm sure I'll have pictures eventually so you can see the whole thing. 




t
the walls are also textured, so that under certain lights it looks flat, but in other lights it looks all textured.



1 comment:

strud said...

your stones are MUCH better. also the poem was touching. I found the illustrations distracting, so I must listen again without the visual.